Working as an Independent Contractor PDF Print E-mail
  • As an independent contractor you are self-employed
  • We strongly encourage you to meet with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) within a month of beginning work with us. Please review appropriate tax and accounting systems with your CPA.
  • Taxes, local, state and federal will not be deducted from your monthly paycheck. You will pay taxes according individual tax rates on the following schedule:
January 1 through March 31 April 15
April 1 through May 31 June 15
June 1 through August 31 September 15
September 1 through December 31 January 15
  • Many therapists create separate savings accounts to save money for tax payments.

  • You may also want to talk to your CPA about appropriate deductible business expenses (save those receipts!):

    • Mileage – keep odometer records on a daily basis
    • Liability Insurance
    • Office Supplies
    • Therapy Equipment
    • Continuing Education
    • Additional Deductible Expenses – ALWAYS SAVE RECEIPTS!